Thursday, July 12, 2012

Coordination - A key Skill

In some of the projects which heavily involved multiple vendors , it becomes really difficult to coordinate across teams / organisations and get the needed results . I have seen people getting frusrated and escalating things to higher ups mentioning we are not getting support / Response . As we work on these large and complex engagement models , coordination takes the front seat .


I thin it is almost an art to coordinate and get the desired response , People may have different tricks to do it . One of the tricks I have seen is aggressive attack on someone with shifting entire responsbility to him , this almost forces other person to write a fitting reply immediately . As we will agree , this is definitely not the correct way to coordinate and expect response.

I remember one of my manager used to take long time in writing mails , initially I was a bit annoyed but when I helped him in drafting some mails , I realised when he writes an email , he also takes some time thinking whether it will generate some kind of response , if yes then what and for how the discussion will look like further. In shorts he ensured his mails are meaning full with clear message and generate response.

There can not be one way to do this but we all need to find our ways to get going.

No comments: